I like that place between reality and unreality. I think it’s the most valid place that an artist could ever exist. To live exclusively in the “real”, would make me miss a whole lot of possibilities! If I were to live only in the “unreal”, well then I would be categorically insane… Living on the balance, with my feet on solid ground, my hands stretched up into the clouds makes me whole and comfortable as a creative person.
I make virtual worlds. I make 3d printed sculpture. Sometimes I make music and sometimes I even make musical instruments. Sometimes I sculpt in clay. Some of <– these things make me money. I organize a fantasy festival called “Enchanted Ground Faery Fest” that kicks off at the end of June of every year which like a goblin gobbles up my time from time to time every time, and will probably do so until the end of … I do this because I love creative people who focus on fantasy themes, and Faery Fest Inc. is able to showcase them.
- I graduated in 1992 from the University of Guelph with a bachelours degree focussing on music and art.
- 3D skills: conceptual and virtual architectural design; furniture and decorative item design, craft and manufactural administration; 3d modelling, including character, accessory, and environment creation; 3d animation including rigging and animating characters and objects.
- Hands on artistic skills: clay sculpture, papercraft and collage, sculpture painting and decorative/finishing process, sketching and painting.
- Musical Proficiency: with a number of musical early instruments (primarily harpsichord/keyboards, lap harp, bowed psaltery, flutes and recorders and various percussion … formerly viola da gamba, clarinet, and fiddle … currently experimenting with theremin and accordion).
- Fluent in the following 3D programs: 3D Studio Max, 3D Coat, TopMod, Google Sketchup, Accutrans, Wings 3D, some knowledge of Unity 3d, among others.
- Fluent in the following 2D design programs: Corel Photopaint, Inkscape, some knowledge of Photoshop, among others.
- Development Skills in the following Virtual Worlds: Activeworlds, Adobe’s Atmosphere, SecondLife, IMVU, Twinity, Frenzoo, Friends Hangout, and Nuvera Online.